Cellar doors open
Cellar door tastings under COVID-19 restrictions
Wineries and cellar doors in regional Victoria are able to offer tastings with strict compliance to COVID-19 regulations for social distancing, sanitation, contact tracing and exclusions.
The government-mandated restrictions include:
- visitors must be able to declare that they are healthy and well to enter a venue
- venues must check visitor ID, and must refuse service to visitors whose primary residence is in Melbourne or Mitchell Shire
- contact details must be kept for every visitor at a venue
- cellar door tastings must be served seated. Staff must observe 1.5m distance.
- tasting glasses can only be used once, spittoons should be disposable
- a maximum of 10 people can be allowed in any enclosed space; the number of people allowed may be smaller than this, depending on size of the space
- visitors must maintain 1.5m distance between themselves, unless travelling together as a group. Maximum group sizes apply.
- group sizes and maximum capacities include both those that intend on tasting wines, and those that don't, including children. Please be sure to include all members of your party who wish to enter the building in the numbers when pre-booking.
- maximum visit time in one venue is 2 hours
- once a purchase is made, customers must leave the premises
- all surfaces must be thoroughly sanitised between visitors
The wineries of the King Valley are committed to the health of our community, and will follow these regulations to the letter.
With these regulations in place, the cellar door experience may be very different from what you are used to. Some wineries will choose not to open for tastings at this time.
We ask that visitors check with each venue that they plan to visit, and demonstrate patience and understanding as we implement these changes.
Brown Brothers Cellar Door offers seated wine tastings 11am-3pm Saturday & Sunday. Bookings are essential, via the website.
Wine sales are available for takeaway 9am-5pm Saturday & Sunday, no bookings required.
The Wine Bar offers casual lunches (bookings essential) and takeaway coffee and treats 10am-4pm, Saturday & Sunday.
Prosecco brunch available for booking, via the website.
Patricia's Table Restaurant is planned to reopen in December 2020.
Dal Zotto Wines
From Tues Sep 22nd, Dal Zotto Wines offers seated tastings on the hour , 7 days a week, 10am - 4pm. Tastings must be pre-booked through the website. Takeaway bottle sales (without tasting) are available 7 days, 10am-4pm, without a booking.
The Trattoria will re-open Friday Sep 25th for lunch and dinner and then be back into normal hours...lunch Thursday to Sunday, and dinner on Friday nights. Bookings are essential, via the website.
Takeaway pizza available via phone order, Thursday - Sunday lunch, and Friday dinner.
Pizzini Wines offers seated tastings, coffee & cake plus takeaway wine and produce sales, 10am - 5pm, 7 days a week. Bookings essential for tastings, via website or phone. Walk ins for takeaway sales welcome.
The Pizzini family-owned Mountain View Hotel is open for lunch and dinner 7 days, bookings essential.