Cellar doors open
Cellar door tastings under COVID-19 restrictions
Victorian wineries and cellar doors are able to reopen from June 1, 2020, with strict compliance to COVID-19 regulations for social distancing, contact tracing and sanitation.
The government-mandated restrictions include:
- contact details must be kept for every visitor at a venue
- visitors must be able to declare that they are healthy and well to enter a venue
- cellar door tastings must be served seated. Staff must observe 1.5m distance.
- tasting glasses can only be used once, spittoons should be disposable
- a maximum of 20 people can be allowed in any enclosed space; the number of people allowed may be smaller than this, depending on size of the space
- visitors must maintain 1.5m distance between themselves, unless travelling together as a group. Maximum group sizes apply.
- group sizes and maximum capacities include both those that intend on tasting wines, and those that don't, including children. Please be sure to include all members of your party who wish to enter the building in the numbers when pre-booking.
- maximum visit time in one venue is 2 hours
- once a purchase is made, customers must leave the premises
- all surfaces must be thoroughly sanitised between visitors
The wineries of the King Valley are committed to the health of our community, and will follow these regulations to the letter.
With these regulations in place, the cellar door experience may be very different from what you are used to. Some wineries will choose not to open for tastings at this time.
We ask that visitors check with each venue that they plan to visit, and demonstrate patience and understanding as we implement these changes.
Brown Brothers Cellar Door offers seated wine tastings 10am-5pm each day. Bookings are recommended, via the website.
Wine sales are available for takeaway, no bookings required.
The Wine Bar offers casual lunches (bookings recommended) and takeaway coffee and treats 10am-4pm. Open Saturdays and Sundays only, until July 2, and Thursday to Monday from July 2 onwards.
Prosecco brunch and Prosecco Lunch in the Lounge are both available for booking, via the website.
Patricia's Table Restaurant is planned to reopen in August 2020.
Chrismont Cellar Door is open for takeaway bottle sales, 10am-5pm each day. No tastings available at this time.
Wine sales are also available online, with free freight Australia-wide for orders of 12 bottles or more.
Chrismont Restaurant & Larder is planned to reopen for lunchtime dining five days a week (Friday to Tuesday) from July 17 - bookings essential, by phone or email.
Dal Zotto Wines
Dal Zotto Wines offers seated tastings each day. Tastings must be pre-booked through the website.
The Trattoria is open for lunch Thursday to Sunday, and dinner on Friday nights. Bookings are essential, via the website.
Takeaway pizza available Friday night, Saturday and Sunday lunch.